[Zope3-dev] Re: SVN: zc.zope3recipes/trunk/ - Implemented partial windows support

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Aug 16 08:25:23 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]

> This is a surprise to me, having worked on zc.zope3recipes recently. All
> tests pass here (though I'm on MacOSX, haven't tested Linux yet):
>
> philipp at bender:~/dev/zc.zope3recipes$ bin/test -v
> Running tests at level 1
> Running unit tests:
>   Running:
>   Ran 52 tests with 0 failures and 0 errors in 1 minutes 8.928 seconds.
>
> Can you please elaborate on how the tests break for you?

I can confirm that these seem to run on my Linux box as well. I'm
checking out Roger's windows  work - thanks Roger, came at the right
time for me. :)

[snip]

>>   I totaly dislike it that we do not have
>>   a trunk centric development because this will make sure that we can
>> run   tests over at least a minimal set of core components. I'm sure
>> that we
>>   sometimes later will switch back to a trunk development.
>
> This discussion doesn't really belong in a checkin comment :).
>
>>   I really believe that development and distribution are two different
>>   things we mix together right now in our development process.
>
> The "balkanization" of Zope 3 reflects the way we like to look at it
> nowadays: a set of libraries. Development and distribution aren't
> completely unrelated: they meet when you make a release. Being able to
> have individual release cycles for packages will give us lots of
> freedom. In fact it already has.

I also support the splitting up of Zope into separate projects and have
experienced some of the benefits. That said, we'll be having a bumpy
ride for a while yet as we continue to work out procedures to handle
this new way of development.

Regards,

Martijn