[Zope3-dev] Re: AW: relying on win32api in windows support ofzc.zope3recipes

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Fri Aug 17 10:31:46 EDT 2007

On 8/17/07, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> I am fine with requiring win32api, though it'd be better if it were
> indeed installable from the python package index. Otherwise you need to
> tell people to install two things (Python and win32api) instead of one
> thing on Windows in order to be able to install Zope 3. Who will
> volunteer to bug Mark Hammond? Perhaps Sidnei can, he's a Windows native. :)

I would say pywin32 is a requirement for anyone that wants to do
anything useful on Windows.

If an egg is the only way to install dependencies, then I would say
that buildout needs more work. From what I understand it would be
extremely hard to eggify pywin32.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214