[Zope3-dev] Re: Removed zope.security 3.4b4

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Aug 17 13:24:24 EDT 2007

Hey,

> > Does this mean the package won't get removed? I just prefer to use a
> > situation where I don't get the broken egg in the first place.
>
> You're hosed, then:  people are going to release eggs which break
> "downstream" applications (think libs in Debian unstable).  Until we
> segreate the "known good" set away from the "I just did something cool,
> please test" set, this problem is unavoidable.

Huh? The problem was already resolved once b5 got resolved. (removing
b4 would also have resolved it for me, but I understand why this
wasn't done in this case)

You seem to be responding to my question on how to resolve a specific
problem (broken b4 screwing up my buildouts) by telling me I can't
solve the general problem?

I agree we need to work on the general problem.

I think my next step is to fix some dependencies for Grok to hard
version numbers...

Regards,

Martijn