[Zope3-dev] browser:page's for="" can be class browser:menuItem can't

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Aug 20 11:08:06 EDT 2007

On Aug 20, 2007, at 9:45 AM, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:

> Hoi
>
> I just figured, that the browser:menuItem cannot be registered for
> classes. But you can with browser:page. I think if a browser:page
> can be registered for a class a menuItem should support this, too.
>
> Also a <browser:page for="someclass" menu="..." /> will break on
> getting the menu items because the implementation doesn't support
> classes.
>
> Should we fix that?

Yes. Any time we have a for, we should allow interfaces or classes.

BTW, you may soon discover what I discovered the other day, which is
that the tiny menu framework used for zmi_views doesn't work with
menu items registered for classes.  Someone should fix that too. :)

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org