[Zope3-dev] Re: Heads up: major change in zc.buildout policy for selecting distributions

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Aug 20 17:57:45 EDT 2007

On Aug 20, 2007, at 1:18 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I'm about to make a new release of zc.buildout that uses a
> different policy for selecting distributions.  In particular, by
> default, zc.buildout will now prefer final distributions over non-
> final ones.  If there are final and non-final distributions that
> satisfy a requirement, buildout will, by default, select a final
> distribution even if there are non-final distributions that satisfy
> a requirement.
>
> This release will cause many existing buildouts to use older
> distributions than they do now.
>
> You can change this behavior by providing a prefer-final buildout
> option:
>
>   [buildout]
>   prefer-final = false

I decided, with some prompting from Martin Aspeli, that this would be
too disruptive.  The latest release of zc.buildout still supports
newest releases.  To prefer final releases, you have to set the
prefer-final option to true.  In zc.buildout version 2,  final
releases will be prefered by default.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org