[Zope3-dev] Re: SVN: zope.location/trunk/s - moved IPossibleSite and ISite from zope.app.component to zope.location

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Aug 22 09:58:29 EDT 2007

On 22 Aug 2007, at 15:52 , Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 August 2007 09:37, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Thomas Lotze wrote:
>>> Log message for revision 79117:
>>>   - moved IPossibleSite and ISite from zope.app.component to
>>> zope.location
>>
>> This is an interesting move. I can settle with the idea, but I wonder
>> this was discussed...
>
> There was an E-mail pointing this out. I remember giving +1.

Yup, found it [1].

>> Last time I remember we were discussing the idea
>> of a package a la zope.site or zope.componentsite... (Also, as
>> long as
>> we're moving things, I wouldn't mind renaming ISite to
>> IComponentSite).
>
> -1 on IComponentSite

Do you have any reasons other than that ISite is a "widely understood
term in Zope 3 now and everyone knows about it" [2] (which I
personally think is naive thinking, given that we'd like to make
terminology as easy as possible for newbiews and my experience says
that ISite is anything but intuitive).

[1] http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2007-August/023210.html
[2] http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2007-August/023189.html