[Zope3-dev] how-to stop permission propagation to sublocations

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Aug 23 01:12:12 EDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 22.08.2007, 21:00 +0200 schrieb Adam Groszer:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a sane way to stop permission propagation to sublocations?
> Let's say I have a site, and somewhere below there is a folder as a
> trashcan, unneeded objects get moved to here. Users must not modify
> objects in the trash. Users usually will get ModifyContent permission
> at the site level.
> The easiest way seems to stop propagation of the permission
> ModifyContent at the trashcan level. But how? Anybody done something
> like this already?

Permissions can be set to 'yes' or 'no' or be 'unset'. Using those three
states in combination with the default 'propagation' should give you
what you want. If you set 'ModifyContent' to 'No' on the trash and the
content's permission is not explicitly set then that should fit your
situation.

Christian