[Zope3-dev] skin support for xmlrpc

Jodok Batlogg jodok at lovelysystems.com
Fri Aug 24 01:55:08 EDT 2007

hi christian,

it seems like your recent changes to support skins in xmlrpc views
introduced some troubles.
we spent several hours to debug not working xmlrpc views and finally
found that nailing the zope.traversing egg to 3.4.x resolved the
troubles.

while looking at your changes we were wondering why you want to
support skins in xmlrpc views? for me, a xmlrpc call is a remote
procedure call and has to do nothing with skins. it's not yellow,
pink or orange and has no templates associated. can you explain your
use-case for this?

thanks

jodok

--
"Explicit is better than implicit."
   -- The Zen of Python, by Tim Peters

Jodok Batlogg, Lovely Systems
Schmelzhütterstraße 26a, 6850 Dornbirn, Austria
phone: +43 5572 908060, fax: +43 5572 908060-77