[Zope3-dev] __repr__ of ValidationErrors in zope.schema

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Aug 24 09:16:23 EDT 2007

On Friday 24 August 2007 09:10, Christian Theune wrote:
> > For forms and other UI components, this text should be at most used for a
> > default. z3c.form allows you to easily customize those error messages,
> > for example.
>
> As long as this doesn't mean that we don't provide reasonable values in
> the first place and force pretty much everybody to easily customize ...

Absolutely. I just do not think that we should make the error string try to
fit everyone's needs. For example, using the current model, inserting the
values into the docstring might be hard, because of internationalization. I
would prefer providing human-readable error messages where  they belong, the
UI code.

Mmmh, maybe I should write nicer messages for the standard exceptions in
z3c.form.

Regards,
Stephan
--