[Zope3-dev] Re: [StabilizeEggPackages] (edit) Is that all that has to be done in setup.py?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:53:55 EDT 2007

On 8/29/07, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> I don't like the overly long PyPI pages, but I do really like having
> easily browsable documentation online. PyPI is the only places where
> that is possible at the moment.

In the absence of something better, yes, it's better than nothing at
all.  I'm not proposing ripping it out for packages that already do
that.  I'm simply suggesting that perhaps it shouldn't be a
requirement for moving forward.

> Pointing people to svn.zope.org to read documentation is not an option
> in my opinion: finding and reading documentation would require a dozen
> extra mouseclicks.

I certainly agree that pointing to Subversion for documentation is
painful at best, and doesn't provide a reasonable experience.

  -Fred