[Zope3-dev] What does python 3000 mean for zope?

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Fri Aug 31 19:58:21 EDT 2007

Hi. I am concerned about the announcement of python 3000 today that will
break backwards compatibility. Zope and twisted are my favorite
frameworks. The code base for both frameworks are not small. I haven't
evaluated the changes but I can say this is a not great day for the
python community either. I can see this dividing folks between present
and future.

Particularly, I'm thinking about incompatibilities developing around
packages and dependencies through some sort of drawn out transition by
the python community that may take years. Has anyone thoughts or
comments about python 3000 implications for zope? Unfortunately, my
first thoughts are that Python 3000 feels like Y2K for python :-(. Many
thanks.

Regards,
David