[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.app.twisted.main?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 05:08:06 EST 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>> Stephan Richter wrote:
>>>
>>> zope.app.server.main
>>
>> How do you switch between the two?
>
> mkzopeinstance creates a twisted instance
> mkzopeinstance --zserver creates a zope.server instance

Surely this should be an option in zope.conf, not hard-wired into the
runzope script?

Would anyone object if I did some experimental work on a branch to:

- make twisted/zserver interchangeable through a zope.conf setting
- making zodb "optional"
- refactor so that as much code as possbile is shared between
zope.app.twisted.main and zope.app.server.main
- explore ways of seperating some of the publication concerns

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk