[Zope3-dev] Re: zope.app.twisted.main?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Feb 5 05:50:12 EST 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Perhaps there's not a need for that separation in the Zope 3 core with
> packages like zope.paste around...

Sorry, you lost me... there's what a need for what seperation?

> I thik we can stick with ZConfig for now, even though Jim doesn't like
> it... *wink* ;)

I love ZConfig, so I'm okay :-)

> Yes, the publication in Zope 3 (which was written at an very early stage
> with a lot of Zope 2 background) has a method "getApplication", but all
> it does is return the root object. So let's reflect that name in the
> utility.

Right, okay, my mistake, that's what I was referring to...

> It just occurred to me that we could make those IRootObjectFactory
> things named utilities. Then you cna register as many of them at the
> same time and just choose which one you want using a switch in, say,
> zope.conf.

Why named? If only so you can register many of them, then I call yagni.
Like a unix file system, a zope instance should only have one root :-)
(anything else can be wired in below that...)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk