[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3.3.1

Michael Kerrin michael.kerrin at openapp.biz
Mon Feb 12 18:20:19 EST 2007

Hi Philipp,

On Monday 12 February 2007 10:41, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> I'd like to release Zope 3.3.1 soon. The tests are passing on Linux and
> Mac OS, apparently there's only a problem with zope.app.twisted on
> Windows, afaik. Can we get this problem isolated, analyzed and fixed
> asap, please?
I don't know what is going on with the tests on Windows. But I have just
managed ( for the first time :-) ), to compile, start, and run all the tests
successfully on Windows.

Althoug I had a slight problem starting Zope because of ZODB.winlock not
working but considering all the problems I ran into to get the damn thing to
compile I put this down to my lack of experience with Windows.

> We can't delay this maintenance release any further. It's bad enough
> that a *release (!) branch* has been broken for such a long time w/o
> having been fixed.
>
> If this isn't fixed soon, I'm going to advise to the maintainer of the
> 3.3.x line to back out the change that led to the test failure so that
> we can assure all of the Zope 3.3 users out there that we're indeed
> fixing bugs and releasing the fixes. Zope 3.3.1 has tons of other
> bugfixes that people out there are waiting for.
>
> I hope we won't have to resort to reverting the zope.app.twisted change.
The thing is I don't know what as changed in the twisted code. I recently
updated Twisted on the trunk - but I didn't put this change onto the 3.3
branch.

Michael

--
Michael Kerrin