[Zope3-dev] Re: run-time adapter registration and un-registration

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Feb 13 06:21:18 EST 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 06:14, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > Well, we do it all the time with persistent, local components (not
> > necessarily with adapters but with utilities).
>
> The key is that we haven't done it (recently) with adapters, so this
> is some virgin territory. I believe I've seen a report of a problem
> with local adapter registrations but it's been lost in my old email.
> Hopefully, whoever sent me the mail will chime in or, better yet,
> submit a collector entry.

If I need local adapters these days, I use z3c.baseregistry. Usually adapters
do not need to be persistent, but just available locally. That approach has
worked great for my project and we have started developing other high-level
APIs on top of that (a plugin system for example).

So to get back to Chris' original question: We configure the plugins via the
Web, but all the code and configuration is done on the filesystem.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter