[Zope3-dev] Checkins mails and zope egg changes

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Feb 15 06:45:38 EST 2007

On Feb 15, 2007, at 3:02 AM, Baiju M wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am not getting any changes (through checkins mailing list)
> made to zope eggs recently by 'alex' (committer id)
>
> alex, I read your commit mesage: "Remove setup.cfg.in, INSTALL.txt,
> CHANGES.txt, test.py, MANIFEST.in and
> README.txt because they are no longer needed."

Could you remind me which package (or svn revision) you are refering to?

> Why these files are  no longer needed? test.py may not be required
> after buildout.

I'll turn that around. What are they needed for?  You should only
need a setup.py
and, if buildout is used, a buildout.cfg.

The examples alex showed me seemed out of date with the current way
of doing things.

I particularly don't want setup.cfg.in, and MANIFEST.in as these
aren't really necessary and tend to cause problems.

> Also please revert r72507

Why?

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org