[Zope3-dev] Eggification and some random files/packages

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Mon Feb 19 08:38:46 EST 2007

Baiju M wrote:

> (Replying to myself!)
> Baiju M wrote:
>
>> There are few tests which are located outside any particular package.
>> zope.app.ftests and zope.app.tests
>> Either we can distribute it with our huge zope.app egg or move it to
>> some
>> other places.  What about moving those tests to zope.app.zcmlfiles ?
>

> When I looked at zope.app.tests, I can see that it is a deprecated
> package.
> So no need to moving anywhere.  But zope.app.ftests has a test case
> (reusable?)
> Again I couldn't find any advantage for moving this too.
> So I will simply put it as svn:externals in zope.app egg package.
> May be we have to deprecate zope.app.ftests too?

Well, after few more looks into test cases, I am planning to move
src/zope/app/ftests/test_functional.py to src/zope/app/testing/ftests.py
And move src/zope/app/ftests/doctest.txt to src/zope/app/testing/doctest.txt
I have done this in my checkout.  Can anyone review this:
http://zissue.berlios.de/z3/zope-app-testing-diff.txt
I have also added a test layer for these ftests.

Regards,
Baiju M