[Zope3-dev] Re: PyCon 2007 web frameworks panel

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Feb 20 21:45:39 EST 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2006, at 1:54 PM, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> I just stuck my name on this. :)
>>> If someone else wants badly to do this, I'm willing to yield.
>>> In any case, I'd like to represent some other people's opinions.
>>
>> I'm happy to see you do this. I can't make it to that PyCon,
>> unfortunately.
>>
>> As to representing other people's opinion:
>>
>> Talk about Grok.
>
> I mention it.  I even mention it positively.

Great :)

>> Better yet, show Grok code.
>
> I can't.  I don't Grok Grok

I tried to explain grok a little on the wiki page. I also adapted the
example app (Hello World) to grok. It admittedly doesn't look that much
different, except that it requires much less configuration (because like
most browser pages, it follows a common default, it's public, has the
same name as the class, etc.)

I don't know if it helps at such short notice, but I recently prepared a
little screencast demonstrating a small grok application:
http://www.archive.org/details/grok_todo_part1. This is a 15 minute
watch, so perhaps something for the plane ;).

> http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/PyCon2007WebPanel

I also added a note about AJAX. While I'm not an AJAX expert myself, I
do like what some Plone folks have come up with. They call it KSS and it
works indepedently from Plone on both Zope 2 and Zope 3. It allows you
to write AJAX using server-side Python and client-side CSS-like
stylesheets. That's probably why I as an AJAX-non-expert like it :).

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5