[Zope3-dev] zope.cachedescriptors outdated

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Feb 22 16:43:27 EST 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 1:28 AM, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:

> Hi
>
> the cachedescriptors package is quite aged as it seems. It hasn't
> been updated for decorator use.
>
> Actually there are only three descriptors:
>
>  CachedProperty – Needs to be updated to be used as decorator. But
> I guess we need a deprecation period.
>
>  Lazy – Works like charm as property decorator.
>
>  readproperty – can go away i think. The property builtin is find.
> I'd add a 12 month deprecation warning.

No.

> Comments? Objections?

readproperty can't go away.  The test sucks.  I'll fix that.  A
properly written test wouldn't pass with the property builtin.

readproperty is actually the only one of these 3 that I find useful
and almost got Guido to put something like it in the standard
library, but I ran out of steam. :(

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org