[Zope3-dev] Why is the testrunner running with the --profile option ?

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Wed Feb 28 14:40:44 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 10:33:34AM +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Why is the testrunner running with the --profile option  ?

It is not, but it tries to import the profiler anyway.

> I did not set it. I understand that profiling should be disabled if
> hotshot cannot be imported.

That seems to be a good idea.

> Running (from a svn checkout)
> python test.py -s zope.anypackage
>
> gets me that error:
>
> ImportError: No module named profile
> please install the python2.4-profiler package
>
> Any ideas ?

Alternatives:

1) install the python2.4-profiler package.

2) write a patch for zope/testing/testrunner.py to be able to run the
   tests when the profiler is not available

3) file a bug in the collector and wait for somebody else to implement
   step (2)

Marius Gedminas
--
Key emulation: