[Zope3-dev] RFC on wfmc issue 699, 700, 701

Adam Groszer adamg at fw.hu
Tue Jan 2 09:44:56 EST 2007

Hello,

In short: I would classify 699 and 700 as new features, 701 as bugfix.
For more details read on.

============
Issue 699
============
I hope if I change the event classes, by adding the interfaces existing
code won't break.
As stated by philikon this is not a show stopper so I would classify
it as a feature, not bugfix and not backport it to 3.3 and 3.2.

> and for interfaces.

Ah! I stand corrected, I didn't know that.
for classes and for interfaces.
= Request - Entry #1 by mj on Aug 28, 2006 10:03 am

The activity, workitem and transition events defined by zope.wfmc lack
interfaces, and thus cannot specifically be subscribed to. Interfaces
should be defined for these events.

============
Issue 700
============
z3.ecm solves that by overriding the default integration to it's own
utility that creates the workitems.
So the question is that add this _feature_ or not?
When yes, an event for a new participant created should be added also?
= Request - Entry #1 by mj on Aug 28, 2006 10:07 am

When a zope.wfmc process creates a workitem, it does not emit an
event, even though it does emit events at the start and end of all
other process-related objects (process, activities, transitions) and
when a workitem is finished.

============
Issue 701
============
I think quite some interfaces are missing, so I'll check and add them
the best I can. Despite the missing interfaces the package is working
fine.

= Request - Entry #1 by mj on Aug 28, 2006 10:13 am

Sometimes workitems in a wfmc process need to consult
application-specific data on the process object. When created,
workitems can keep a reference to the activity they are part of, and
activities have a process attribute, allowing workitems to refer to
the process instance.

However, the IActivity interface does not define a process attribute,
so future implementations would miss this important attribute. It
should be added.

--
Best regards,
 Adam                          mailto:adamg at fw.hu
--
Quote of the day:
The great advantage of telling the truth is that one is so much more likely to sound convincing.