[Zope3-dev] Some thoughts on Zope 3, Zope 3 applications, and Zope 3 instances

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jan 5 12:16:57 EST 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Anyway - I hope these perspectives are useful. I'm certainly not disagreeing
> with what you're saying or with the direction you're pointing out. I think
> we just need be mindful that there were some good things about the past
> approaches as well as problems (not that you're not).

I think we're in strong agreement.  I think we need both the Framework
and the apps that use the Framework, including Zope2/Plone-style pluggable
apps.  I think we need to keep these efforts somewhat distinct though.
I'd love to see projects that focus on building killer apps on top of the
Zope 3 framework.  I just want people to understand that the application
!= the framework.