[Zope3-dev] Some ZPT insights needed

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat Jan 6 07:37:50 EST 2007

Hi,

because Zope 2.10.2+ will use unicode as internal representation for
page templates I am currently checking the options to get rid of
UnicodeDecodeErrors for Zope 2.11 by providing some more intelligent
conversion of non-unicode content. Basically I want if the content returned
by expressions within a page template if unicode or non-unicode. If it is
non-unicode it would be converted based on some policy (to be specified) to
unicode. This would avoid any kind of UnicodeDecodeError (hopefully).
This there a central place in the ZPT code were the evaluated expressions
are inserted into the rendered HTML or some internal datastructure used for
rending the ZPT? I just need to know where to look at but I have no idea so
far :-)

Thanks,
Andreas