[Zope3-dev] Re: Some ZPT insights needed

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jan 7 15:50:50 EST 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote at 2007-1-6 20:34 +0100:
>This kind of automagic unicode error defeating logic scares me.

Andreas decided to switch to Unicode only page templates in
a micro (!) release.
As almost all Zope 2 applications return non-unicode strings
(they almost had to as the page templates usually were non-unicode),
he *MUST* provide some "automatic unicode error defeating logic"
as otherwise most applications would break.

>I'd therefore like it if there were a way, application-root specific, to
>turn off any auto-conversion behavior. Do you think that would be possible?

+1

--
Dieter