[Zope3-dev] Re: Grok sprint 2 reports

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Jan 9 13:18:36 EST 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> We had a Grok sprint in Germany over the weekend, and we got two
>> reports   about it:
>
> Rock on :)
>
> What is the current state of the art in terms of Grok examples and
> documentation? What is the best place to look to find out about the
> latest development techniques and possiiblities?

Currently we suck at examples and documentation. We have some partially
out of date design notes in 'doc'. We also have a lot of tests under
src/grok/ftests and src/grok/tests which go into many situations, but
those are not really good documentation by themselves as we spend a huge
amount of time worrying about potential failure situations and doing
good error reporting.

The best examples right now are still the grokwiki and the grokblog,
also to be found in the checkout. They haven't started using the changes
of the very latest sprint yet, so no catalog or security yet, but
grokblog uses quite a few features nonetheless, including forms.

The good news is that documentation is one of our highest priorities now
that we're nearing feature completeness.

Feedback would of course be very welcome, either on this list or on
grok-dev.

Regards,

Martijn