[Zope3-dev] Re: Grok sprint 2 reports

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Wed Jan 10 12:02:24 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-01 at 11:09 -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:
> While I am vehemently opposed to code generation per se, one alternative
> which I think is important is to generate stuff *at runtime* from
> artifacts which are more understandable to business users than Python
> code.  E.g., they might specify schema in a spreadsheet, an HTML form,
> or a UML diagram, which we then use to create a schema interface (my
> 'userschema' package[1] does this already for the first two).

Not sure which mailing list my questions belong on but for the time
being I'll ask them here (any list subscribers feel free to tell me to
take this discussion offline).

This userschema package looks very cool and it's nice to see all the
cool ways you can produce schema's from user contributed data (ie csv,
html).  But I'm curious to know what sort of use cases you have for the
end-result schema's ... simple formlib form generation? content type +
edit form (via formlib) generation?

Regards,
Rocky

--