[Zope3-dev] RFC: test.py --list-modules

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Sun Jan 14 15:31:16 EST 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 11:30:15PM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> The Zope 3 test runner can filter tests by package, module, test name and
> layer.  Sometimes your expectations do not match reality and either the
> test you want is not being run, or more tests than you wanted are being run.
> When you want to debug filter patterns it helps if you can see what
> tests would be run without wasting time actually running them.
>
> I have implemented a --list-modules option in a branch.  It causes the
> test runner to apply package and module name filters, and then print the
> list of Python module names that would be imported.  It is very fast
> because it doesn't actually import the modules.

I have now implemented --list-tests in a different branch.  That option
pays attention to all of -t, -m, -s, -u, -f, --layer, --level options.

  http://svn.zope.org/zope.testing/branches/list-tests/?rev=72034&view=rev

I intend to merge this one, unless somebody suggests a cleaner way of
implementing it.

I do not think I care enough about --list-modules or --list-files to push
those to completion.

Marius Gedminas
--
If all else fails, read the documentation.