[Zope3-dev] Re: calling interface returns object, calling queryAdapter returns None?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 17:48:58 EST 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:
>> If there's another function which does this, fine, if not, then I
>> maintain the current behaviour is not correct...
>
> Chris, documented behavior is not incorrect just because you expect
> otherwise.

Indeed, sorry, that's not what I meant, although I can see it came
across like that. Apologies...

Les try this again: what's the canonical way to find out if an object
either implements a given interface or can be adapted to it?

cheers,

Chris

PS: still looking for confirmation as to whether what I demonstrate in
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2007-January/021600.html is a
bug or if I'm missing something?

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk