[Zope3-dev] zope.app.session/zope.minmax

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Tue Jul 3 13:05:55 EDT 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Bernd Dorn wrote:

> On 03.07.2007, at 09:31, Gary Poster wrote:
>
>> Christian et al:
>>
>> What do you want in regards to the zope.app.session changes that
>> rely on the new package zope.minmax?  Very briefly, the change
>> allows the simple zope.app.session approach to cause fewer
>> unnecessary write conflicts.  Is this zope.app.session 3.5dev-rXXX
>> relying on zope.minmax1.0?  The other possibilities include
>> pushing it back to 3.4 (probably not, but happy to do it), and
>> calling zope.minmax 3.4 or 3.5.
>
> we decided, that satelite project versions are not bound to zope
> versions, it is actually an accident that the satelites have 3.4xy
> versions, but we cannot decrease them. so zope.minmax 1.0 is not
> only ok, it should be versioned that way.

Thanks.

For reference, I

- made a zope.app.session 3.4 branch in the repo from before the
zope.minmax dependency,

- made the zope checkout use the 3.4 branch as the svn externnal,

- made a zope.minmax 1.0b release on download.zope.org/distributions,
and

- made a zope.app.session 3.5dev-rXXX release on download.zope.org/
distributions.

Gary