[Zope3-dev] zope.app.session/zope.minmax

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Thu Jul 5 02:43:25 EDT 2007

On Jul 5, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 03.07.2007, 10:31 +0300 schrieb Gary Poster:
>> Christian et al:
>>
>> What do you want in regards to the zope.app.session changes that rely
>> on the new package zope.minmax?  Very briefly, the change allows the
>> simple zope.app.session approach to cause fewer unnecessary write
>> conflicts.  Is this zope.app.session 3.5dev-rXXX relying on
>> zope.minmax1.0?  The other possibilities include pushing it back to
>> 3.4 (probably not, but happy to do it), and calling zope.minmax 3.4
>> or 3.5.
>
> As Bernd said, zope.minmax leads its own (version) life.

Good, that's what we did.

> However, did the tree just grow a dependency on zope.minmax as well?

Yes and no.  I made a zope.app.session 3.4 branch with no
dependencies on zope.minmax.  That is what the tree currently uses.
The tree also includes zope.minmax as an external; however, AIUI,
during a distribution zope.minmax will not be included, so it should
not cause you any problems, I hope (zope.bforest was in this boat for
awhile, along with other packages I believe).

However, zope.app.session trunk has a dependency on zope.minmax,
expressed both in setup.py and DEPENDENCIES.cfg (r77378).  So when
the Zope distribution trunk switches to zope.app.session trunk, it
will (correctly) begin to include zope.minmax in the distribution
(and a tree checkout will work).

> AFAICT we're still planning to release Zope 3.5 as a classic release.

Right, I asked around about that, which is why we did the
DEPENDENCIES.cfg thing for the zope.app.session trunk.  Was there
something we missed?

Thanks

Gary