[Zope3-dev] Re: Windows eggs

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jul 13 11:23:55 EDT 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 9:25 AM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:

>>> In the short term, I'll go ahead and make windows eggs for the
>>> packages that have latest source distros.
>> I take that back.  It looks like it's going to take more time than
>> I have to figure out what releases to make.  There are various
>> versions floating around.
>
> Yes, I noticed that too. I think the current situtation is way too
> confusing. We should decide which the authoritative source for the
> eggs is, the CheeseShop or http://download.zope.org/distribution.
> The advantage of the latter is that everybody with checkin rights
> can release a new egg, whereas on the CheeseShop it takes access
> rights.

Once we reach steady state, I'd like to see everything in the cheese
shop.  Unfortunately, I hate crapping poorly packaged eggs there. :
(  I'm not sure what to do about that given the time availability of
current volunteers.

It would be great if people who had time and were looking for easy
projects would adopt some packages and make sure they are packaged
well, especially with good overview information and on-line
documentation.   I don't have much time for this in the short term,
although I'll certainly chip away at it in the long term.

>> Please either:
>> Point me at an existing source release, and I'll be happy to
>> generate corresponding windows eggs.
>> I made windows eggs for the latest version of zope.interface
>> that's in pypi.
>
> Great. So we have zope.interface and zope.proxy and there'll be no
> need for zope.thread. Which leaves us with:
>
> http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.security-3.4.0b2.tar.gz
> http://download.zope.org/distribution/
> zope.app.container-3.5.0a1.tar.gz
> http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.hookable-3.4.0a1.tar.gz
> http://download.zope.org/distribution/
> zope.i18nmessageid-3.4.0a1.tar.gz

I'll make Python 2.4 windows eggs today and put them there.

> I realize that those aren't final releases, but they (most
> probably) haven't changed significantly after these releases were
> made, which would make it a waste of time if I had to tag and
> tarball them just for the sake of a different version ID.

We really need to get these to final.  Most of our packages are
stable and unchanging.   Once we get them to final, we'll be able to
mostly forget about them.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org