[Zope3-dev] Re: Re-revisiting IResult (for in-Zope pipelining)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 12:30:30 EDT 2007

On 7/13/07, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> You can't ask "upstream" to produce a thousand different pipelineables;
>  the interface there needs to be dirt simple, and *always the same.*.
> In particular, you can't return unicode *or* a pipelineable:  that puts
> the policy choice in the wrong place.

Right. Also, after further discussion of the issues, which I'll try to
put down in a sprint-report, we have concluded that the correct place
to do the theming-pipeline is most likely in the BrowserPublication,
because there you have access to the context as well as the published
object typically (being a view class).

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64