[Zope3-dev] How to debug zope3 if it completely hangs?

Fabio Tranchitella kobold at kobold.it
Wed Jul 25 03:25:09 EDT 2007

* 2007-07-12 15:47, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
> > Another option, if you are using zserver, is to (carefully) use the
> > Medusa monitor server and client.  This lets you telnet to the server
> > and get a limited Python prompt that lets you poke around at the
> > Python level.  Of course, this is a potential security hole if not
> > done carefully.  I used to find it very useful for looking at hung
> > Zope 2 applications before it was disabled in Zope 3 for security
> > reasons.
>
> I tried the suggestions from Benji, but using gdb and the commands from
> "debug-spining-zope" results in a segfault of the zope3 instance I'm
> debugging.

I'm trying to debug zope3 with gdb, but all I get (even on my laptop, just
starting the zope instance and attaching to the process) is a segmentation
fault. Any idea on how to debug zope3 with gdb? I'm using Debian etch.

Thanks!

--
Fabio Tranchitella                         http://www.kobold.it
Free Software Developer and Consultant     http://www.tranchitella.it