[Zope3-dev] Re: A thought on backward compatibility and minimum versions

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 07:04:56 EDT 2007

Jim Fulton wrote:

>>> Any release tagged as "alpha", "beta", "rc", "pre", or with an SVN
>>> revision.
>>
>> I agree with Tres' goal. I think setuptools refers to those as
>> "pre-release tags". And I think anything that has a pre-release tag
>> should be considered unstable.
>
> SVN revisions are provided as post-release tags.

wow, that's not good...

If I'm running a production setup, I'd be mortified if upgrading a
library with setuptools suddenly pulled down a load of pre or post
release eggs :-S

I know buildout lets your feeze egg version numbers, but not doing silly
things seems like something setuptools should do ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk