AW: AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: z3c.form/trunk/src/z3c/form/HTMLelement ids containing dots are not very good, because then the

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Fri Jun 8 10:36:28 EDT 2007

On Jun 6, 2007, at 5:40 AM, Roger Ineichen wrote:

> Hi Gary

Hey Roger

>> Betreff: Re: AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN:
>> z3c.form/trunk/src/z3c/form/HTMLelement ids containing dots
>> are not very good, because then the
>>

>> On Jun 5, 2007, at 3:28 AM, Roger Ineichen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Stephan, Gary, Marius
>>
>> Hey Roger
>>
>>> Agreed, we can't use different names and ids!
>>
>> Cool
>
> Hm, since I talked to Stephan and he was showing me some
> usecase. I'm not sure about my concerns anymore.

OK.  Certainly there are some cases when it matters less than others;
and we have broken the constraint before.  This choice breaks it a
lot more.  Moreover, Fred and Marius both brought up valid and
reasonable alternate solutions AFAICT.  If you choose to ignore it,
no problem: I will.  If I am able to use z3c.form, I would likely use
it in a context in which I can make more assertions about the users.
It just potentially limits the applicability of the packages, IMO.

Gary