[Zope3-dev] Re: Releasing optionstorage

Brian Sutherland jinty at web.de
Thu Jun 21 05:35:49 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 12:17:56PM +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Brian Sutherland wrote:
>> SchoolTool finds itself depending on optionstorage, which is a very zope
>> specific egg. It has never been released, despite being in subversion
>> for a long time.
>> Firstly, I'd like to make the first release of an optionstorage
>> egg so that SchoolTool can depend on it. Objections?
>
> Nope :).

Yay:)

>> However, before I do that, I would like to place the egg and module into
>> a namespace package leaving svn externals as the only backwards
>> compatibility. I don't particularly care which namespace package so
>> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Not sure if we care about backward compatibility here. What's wrong with
> just leaving the module name to be "optionstorage"?

optionstorage is heavily zope-specific, but it's name communicates
nothing of the sort.  I don't think it's polite for us to pollute the
top level namespace with many zope-specific packages. So, I think its
place is in one of the zope namespaces.

I just wanted to correct that before the first release (and before we
have to maintain backwards compatibility).

> Other than that, the 'z3c' namespace seems to have become the standard
> community namespace nowadays.

Great, that sounds like a good place!

--
Brian Sutherland