[Zope3-dev] Re: Why is the testrunner running with the --profile option ?

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Mar 1 09:10:26 EST 2007

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Just for the record, the problem is created by the ubuntu diffs that
> where automatically installed with the python2.4-minimal package

That is one of the more repugnant things I've seen a distribution force
on their users in quite some time.  I intent to complain to the Ubuntu team.

 > You are completely right and there is no problem with python installed
 > from source.

These sorts of games are one of the reasons I (and many others) strongly
prefer working with Pythons that we built ourselves.

Thanks for the good work running this to ground.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer