[Zope3-dev] Re: z3c.javascript eggs now available

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Mar 3 17:07:21 EST 2007

Roger Ineichen wrote:
>> Finally, the current layout of the z3c.javascript repository
>> makes doing eggs for individual subpackages (dojo, mochikit,
>> etc.) a pain and I don't think anyone wants to download a
>> single 14mb egg for the entire z3c.javascript package.  Would
>> it make sense to put
>> z3c.javascript.* subpackages into the root of the zope repository?
>>
>> Also, I'm about to send in a zope contributor agreement form
>> so that my packaging files can make it into the zope repository.
>
> Is it not possible to build eggs for sub packages of
> z3c.javascript? Must they be top level packages?
>
> If so, that's a problem for other packages in z3c too?

I wonder why z3c.javascript and z3c.widget contain so many subpackages.
Having a flatter package structure would have been nicer and, I guess,
easier for individual eggification.

Paul has a point with the 14 MB egg. Also, I often find myself only
needing the DateTime widget from z3c.widget, but none of the rest. I
wish there simply was z3c.datetimewidget...

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5