[Zope3-dev] zope.fssync dependency on zope.app.file

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Mar 6 08:55:23 EST 2007

On Mar 6, 2007, at 1:31 AM, Baiju M wrote:

> Hi,
>    We have distributed zope.app.file with Zope 3.3 so zope.app.file
> should be distributed
> with zope.app egg when Zope 3.4 is released.  And we are not
> distributed zope.fssync
> with Zope 3.3, but now zope.fssync is dependency for zope.app.file .
> So I am going include zope.fssync as a dependency for zope.app
> package.
> Also since zope.fssync uses zope.app.fssync we have to include this
> as part of zope.app egg.
> Any comments ?

Yes. :)

Having zope.app.file.fssync as a subpackage of zope.app.file that
wasn't distributed with zope.app.file was possible due to a feature
in zpackage.  We aren't using zpackage any more, so we can't do this
any more.

We need to either remove zope.app.fssync.file, or, if we think that
fssync is moving along well enough, we need to move
zope.app.ffile.fssync to a separate project in some namespace
package, such as zope.app.filefssync.

fssync is too experimental to include zope.app.file.fssync in
zope.app.file.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org