[Zope3-dev] Re: Google Summer of Code

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Mar 7 12:45:46 EST 2007

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 07.03.2007, 08:03 -0800 schrieb Martin Aspeli:

> Christian Theune-2 wrote:
> >
> > It's on the ZODB trunk already for a while. The current trunk is going
> > to be ZODB 3.8 and was already released as an alpha. And it will be the
> > ZODB that ships with Zope 2.11.
> >

> Wonderful :-)
>

> > I'm currently writing up a proposal for an extended Blob version that
> > implements O(1) runtime for two points in the Blob implementation that
> > are O(N) right now.
> >

> Perhaps this is a project for a certain type of student who may want to
> learn more about object databases? No idea what the scope is, but bear in
> mind that getting more people to understand the codebase and help maintain
> it in the future is a worthwhile goal in itself, SoC-wise.

Yupp, I know. Unfortunately the current code base of ZODB is IMHO in a
bad shape to get anybody started. :(

I had an intern work on it and had a hard time explaining things because
e.g. the interfaces are in a bad shape and I have to keep looking what
the things are doing myself all the time.

Additionally, my project requirements may need me to implement this
earlier.

Christian