[Zope3-dev] Re: ZPT missing header

Christian Zagrodnick cz at gocept.com
Fri Mar 9 09:07:15 EST 2007

On 2007-03-09 14:55:46 +0100, Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> said:

> On Friday 09 March 2007 08:32, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
>> Frankly I have no idea why it is *removing* the http-equiv then. Maybe
>> because it is redundant. But it would be easy to just keep it.
>
> So, is PT removing http-equiv? If this is the behavior in page
> templates all along and just got fixed for resources, then we will
> adjust our code.

Not exactly.

zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplatefile is removing the header. So it is the
pagetemplate, yes. It did so for resources as well. But *only* for the
plain HTML header, *not* an XHTML header. I don't see why they should
behave different.

I stumbled upon that when inserting an XHTML file with a BOM. This file
was published as text/plain while a HTML file with a BOM was published
as text/html.

> Thanks a lot for the clarification.

You are welcome.

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891