Buildout configurations in a subdirectory stopped working. (Was: [Zope3-dev] Buildout default behaviour)

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 05:21:17 EDT 2007

On 2/19/07, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
> [buildout]
> extends = profiles/dev.cfg
>
> and run bin/buildout.
>
> This works very well for us.

It did for me too, but it has now stopped working.
Line 89 in buildout.py says:

            data['buildout']['directory'] = os.path.dirname(config_file)

This must be a recent change (< 2 weeks) because this makes buildout
fail if you have the cfg files anywhere else than root. I'd like to
know the rationale for this change, as I'd like to be able to have the
profiles in a subdirectory.

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64