[Zope3-dev] z3c.sqlalchemy questions

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat Mar 17 09:06:02 EDT 2007

--On 17. März 2007 11:12:19 +0100 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>
wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I saw Andreas Jung checked in z3c.sqlalchemy. Cool! Some questions though:
>
> * how is this different from zalchemy?

It's providers better control about the mapper generation and should cover
all the different use-cases we encounter right now with databases. You have
certain levels of control about how mappers are generated. But wait
for the documentation :-)

> * I see it uses ZopeTestCase, while it appears to be pure Zope 3 code
> otherwise, at least at first sight (and because of the package name). Why
> is this done?

That's possibly a culprit of a former version. I'll have to clean it up.

> * The copyright isn't Zope Corporation. Under the current rules of the
> SVN repository (pre-copyright assignment to the Foundation), the
> copyright should be assigned to Zope Corporation and contributors. After
> transition it'll change again.

No problem. I can change that.

Andreas