[Zope3-dev] zc.catalog.setindex 'all_of' bug?

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Sat Mar 17 21:40:55 EDT 2007

On Mar 17, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Nando Quintana wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Mikel and me are testing some zope3 features in the camp5 sprint in
> North Carolina and have seen an strange behaviour on the setindex.
>
> the 'all_of' query performs an intersection of the results got for
> each value in the query.
> But whe one of the values takes no results, the
> 'values_to_documents.get(v)' returns None and the
> IFBTree.intersection() of 'anytree' with None returns 'anytree'.
>
> We think that should return an empty tree instead. ¿?
>
> Here you have a patch to include this use case in the tests and
> another patch to implement this feature:
>
> http://www.nandoquintana.com/ftp/pub/setindex.txt.patch
> http://www.nandoquintana.com/ftp/pub/index.py.patch

Thanks, Nando.  Yes, this is a good catch.

I have committed tests and fix to the trunk (r73305) and uploaded an
egg to http://download.zope.org/distribution/
(zc.catalog-1.2dev_r73305-py2.4.egg).

I have also committed tests and fix to the 1.1 branch (r73306),
uploaded eggs to PyPI (http://www.python.org/pypi/zc.catalog), and
made a tag (1.1.1).

Gary