[Zope3-dev] Buildout recipe for building Zope 3 application soley from egg ?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Mar 19 07:31:24 EDT 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 3:27 AM, Baiju M wrote:

> Hi,
>     Is there a Buildout recipe for building Zope 3 application
> soley from egg ?

No. I assume you mean "application" in the sense used by the
zc.zope3recipes package.

> I can see a note in zc.zope3recipes readme [1] like this:
> (In the future, there will be an "application" recipe that will
> work with Zope soley as eggs.)
>
> Jim, are you working on it ?

Not yet.  I don't have time. :(

Before I do, I'd really like to sort out the server mess.  Before I
create the next generation of recipe, I'd like to have a single main
program based either on PasteDeploy, or on zope.paste.

The former, would use some generic PasteDeploy main program and would
support pretty much any WSGI components.

The later would build on zope.paste, keeping the current basic
application structure, but cleaning up the internal APIs.

In the mean time, I suggest a minor change to the existing recipe to
allow a Zope 3 installation to be avoided.  For example, we might
allow an empty zope3 option to be provided to the application recipe
to signal that a Zope 3 installation is not used.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org