[Zope3-dev] Some thoughts for future releases of Zope 3

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Fri Mar 23 04:30:33 EDT 2007

Hi,
   (Please correct me, if I am wrong)

All eggs of a particular release will be available from :
http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope3/ .  Here is some future
locations:

  3.4.0 - distribution/zope3/3.4.0
  3.4.1 - distribution/zope3/3.4.1
  3.5.0 - distribution/zope3/3.5.0

For 3.4.0 all individual packages will be having a unique version
number (3.4.0), but this won't be the case for 3.5.0, in Zope 3.5.0
zope.interface may be still in 3.4.0 version.

In PyPI we will put all latest stable releases of individual packages,
so a package in PyPI may be a newer version compared to the latest
Zope 3 release.  Then, to install a particular Zope 3 release, user
should always use download.zope.org as eggs location
(--find-links option in easy_install or zc.buildout).

We *should* make 'zpkg' based releases, until 3.6 release.

Anything to add here?

Regards,
Baiju M