Eggification (Re: [Zope3-dev] Zope 3.4 release)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Mar 23 10:15:12 EDT 2007

On Mar 23, 2007, at 8:41 AM, Jim Fulton wrote:
>   Dependencies are a mess and I think it's going to take a good bit
> of work to clean the dependencies up.

I should elaborate a bit.  The issue isn't (just) that we've
specified dependencies incorrectly, although that is often the case,
but that the dependencies are insane.  For example, zope.component
depends on most of Zope 3.  I think fixing many of these issues will
take some re-factoring.  I don't think using extras (as I did for
zope.component) is a good solution.  (I'll expand on why I don't
think extras are a good solution in a separate note.)

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org