[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope3 Standalone Page Templates

Duncan McGreggor duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:42:42 EDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:

> > On 3/13/07, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Have a look at the source distributions / eggs available at:
> >>
> >>   http://download.zope.org/distribution/
> >>
> >> Also, a checkout of the following might be instructive:
> >>
> >>   svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/zope.pagetemplate/trunk
> >>
> >> For instance, this should work if you have setuptools / easyinstall
> >> already in hand for your python::
> >>
> >>   $ bin/easy_install -f http://download.zope.org/distribution \
> >>     zope.pagetemplate
> >
> > I still get a crazy amount of packages installed when I do this (see
> > below). Either I'm doing something wrong (any ideas?) or I've got a
> > very different definition of "stand-alone" ;-)
>
> Hey! Think of it as batteries included! ;)

Heh ;-)

> We have a lot of work to do on dependencies. :(

Yeah, that's totally cool. I honestly had assumed that you guys pulled
off a miracle at first. Still wanting to believe that, I was hoping
there was a magic env setting that would make it all better :-)

Regardless, you guys are doing an amazing job, and I eagerly await
news of each step... and the point when I will be able to write many
new twisted.web2/Nevow + Zope 3 package integration tutorials :-)