[Zope3-dev] Re: Eggs for deprecated packages

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Mar 29 07:05:52 EDT 2007

Baiju M wrote:
>   There are few deprecated packages in zope.app namespace, should we
> create individual eggs for those packages ?

-1

> What about creating a single egg with all deprecated packges ?

+1 :)

> If so, what should be the name of that all-deprecated-in-one package name ?

We don't need to decide a *package name* (the package names are clear),
we need to decide a name for the *egg*. Often the name of the egg and
the name of the package are the same, but when an egg contains several
packages, it doesn't have to be.

> Here is some names:
>  zope.app

-1 if that's the only thing the 'zope.app' egg would contain.

>  zope.app.deprecated
>  zope.app.obsolete
>  zope.app.back35

-1 to all. Every one of those names suggest that they contain a package
with that name, which they don't.

How about ZopeAppBBB35 ?

By the way, I've seen that you guys are creating eggs of some stuff
that's really meant for spring cleaning (e.g. zope.app.externaleditor,
zope.app.css off of the top of my head). Instead of linking the external
to the Zope 3 tree, how about actually *moving* this stuff *out* of the
Zope 3 tree into their egg? Note that this stuff has never been part of
a Zope 3 release anyway.