[Zope3-dev] Re: IKeyReference for files

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Thu Mar 29 10:13:36 EDT 2007

Christian Theune wrote:
[snip]

> Right. I'm not sure whether I missed anything, but I don't quite have
> your whole use case on my radar.

The use case is basically that people can use Zope 3 off-line, working
on an SVN checkout. They then commit (through a UI) their changes, and
resync with the central repository. This means that SVN is going to
change data on the filesystem.

> Blobs have the advantage that they can assume to be the only source of
> changes to the physical storage location.
>
> Having changes to a (cached) data structure from the outside is always
> troublesome.

Indeed. It's central to the use case though. Anyway, I hope that this is
solvable with some inspection of SVN logs.

Regards,

Martijn